The Ministry of Labour on Sunday prevented an open-ended strike that workers at the National Electric Power Company (NEPCO) had threatened to start on Monday. The strike was scheduled to start during working hours and continue until the workers’ demands were met. Officials at the ministry said they had succeeded in resolving disputes between NEPCO and the Electricity Workers Union (EWU). Minister of Labour Atef Odeibat thanked the EWU for cancelling the strike and praised the efforts of NEPCO employees. Department of Land and Survey (DLS) employees on Sunday continued an open-ended strike, which they started last Tuesday, after a meeting with the administration on Saturday night failed to reach an agreement. DLS Spokesperson Ibrahim Zu’bi said the administration had tried to convince the protesters to end their strike to enable a committee formed to study their demands to finish its work. The committee was formed by the finance minister last week to study the demands of around 1,500 employees working in 34 DLS branches across Jordan.