Finnish telecom group Nokia said on Thursday it had reopened its offer to shareholders of newly acquired rival Alcatel-Lucent in a bid to take over 100 percent of the Franco-American company.
The terms of the renewed public exchange offer -- open from January 14 until February 3 -- remain the same as during the initial offer period, Nokia said in a statement.
Nokia, once the world's top mobile phone maker, last week gained control of nearly 80 percent of Alcatel-Lucent.
It hopes the merger will help it become the leading network equipment and service provider.
"With the deal closed and the integration of the two companies moving forward from today, we firmly believe that it is in the best interests of any remaining Alcatel-Lucent securities holders to tender their shares," Nokia's chief executive Rajeev Suri said in the statement.
The Finnish company's offer remains 0.55 Nokia shares for each Alcatel-Lucent share.