The UAE markets are witnessing since the beginning of this year a noticeable increase in stock trading from both individual and corporate sides, where major deals and big profits have been achieved by ambitious individuals.
Many people think that stock trading is a short way, with a dead end.
Well we say, "It is safer than you think". Through our long experience in the stock trading market, we have summarised top 10 tips for a successful stock trading business for beginners and for whom are thinking of entering this industry.
1. Choose your trading style carefully and match it to your lifestyle: Give plenty of thought to what kind of online or traditional stock trading you want to do. Either adopting day trading, where you close out every trade at the end of each day or short-term trading where you are in a position several days at a time. Or being a weekly or even a long-term trader. Though you can always change your mind, it is important to have a clear idea of the style of stock trading you prefer before entering the industry and this choice of trading style is especially important from a lifestyle perspective. Day trading usually means you will be at your computer for hours at a time. Longer term online stock trading doesn't require as much attention. As a rule, the shorter the time frame the more intense the trading.2. Invest in a good online stock trading education: Surveys show that 9 out of 10 investors believe their chances of winning are "above average" yet more than 80 per cent actually lose money. This is simply because they don't have the information needed to win. Make sure to get all information about the industry before entering the market.
3. Associate with successful online stock traders: Online stock trading presents exceptional bravery. Unlike traditional stock trading, there is no live broker to help you along the way. If chosen carefully, experienced online traders can be among your best trading resources. We at FH Securities have developed our online trading system to be in pace with the latest technology and to provide support to our clients, by providing them a trusted site to make their trading activities.
4. Study your stocks: Fundamental analysis looks at a company's earnings, earnings growth, sales, profit margins, and return on equity among other things. It helps narrow down your choices so that you are only dealing with quality stocks.
5. Narrow your stock categories: Concentrate your stocks in fewer categories, know them well and watch them carefully, it will be easier for you to monitor the changes and make your post- analysis.
6. Maintain a regimented system that's as easy and efficient as possible: It rarely makes a difference which system you use — technical analysis versus fundamentals or value versus quality, for example — as long as you adhere to it. A successful trader knows the benefits, as well as the shortcomings, of their system and executes trades based their unique the system. "The secret to success is consistency of purpose." This means, you must create your own tactics for establishing positions and closing them.
7. Stay emotionally detached: This means ignoring rumours or Wall Street hearsay. They resist the temptation to join the crowd. Stop loss limits can help traders stay objective by preserving profits and ensuring that profit comes off of the table. While you may miss the rush of the lowest entry points and the highest selling points, stop losses let you sleep at night and live your life without being glued to the computer screen. A successful trader knows himself and is very objective about his strengths and weaknesses. Know how to combat your weakness and implement strategies that capitalise on your strengths.
8. Have patience: This means letting profitable positions run their course, but it also means that when the market turns against them, they have the patience to try again and approach the market resiliently, courageously and with confidence.
9. Stick to the rules: When markets are moving swiftly, it's easy to lose your head. Formulate a plan outside of the heat of the moment and stick to it to ensure success.
10. Don't be embarrassed or afraid of taking losses: In fact, you should expect them and know that an important part of trading is limiting losses, and always know that there is no profit without risks.