The Italian-Algerian consortium Bonatti-Inerga will build the rolling stock assembly factory for the French company Alstom in the city of Annaba. The contract is worth 17 million according to Cital, in which the public company Ferrovial owns a 51% stake, with the remaining 49% owned by Alstom. The figures were reported on the TSA website.
The building, which will cover a surface area of 50,000 square metres, must be completed within 420 days of the official delivery of the project. Inerga, a branch of Sonelgaz, specialises in infrastructure work. The factory will produce vehicles for the tram networks that the Algerian government has decided to introduce in 17 cities across the country. (ANSAmed).