Qatar Statistics Authority (QSA) has released the Consumer Price Index (CPI) for June 2012. The CPI for the month of June, 2012 was 110.7, showing a slight increase of 0.5% when compared to the CPI of May 2012, while showing a 1.6% increase when compared to the CPI of June, 2011. A comparison with the CPI of May 2012, displayed increases at the overall level in the sub-groups: ‘‘Transport & Communications" 2.1%, mainly due to rise in the airfares by 5.9%. "Food, beverages &tobacco",0.9 % because of fresh fish and fresh Vegetable which were noted high by 5.3%, 3.1% respectively. Garments and Footwear increase by 0.3%. No change in Rent, Fuel and Energy, and Medical care and Medical services. On the other hand, there was a decline in the following groups: s "Furniture , Textiles and Home Appliances", 0.4% and "Miscellaneous Goods and Services", 0.3%, "Entertainment, Recreation and Culture",0.1% A year-on-year comparison, showed increases of 1.6% when comparing the CPI of June 2012 with that of June 2011. There were increases in all the major groups, with the exception of "Rent, Fuel and Energy", which registered a drop of 5.0%. The highest increases were recorded in the group "Entertainment, Recreation & Culture", 6.8%; followed by Furniture, Textiles, & Home Appliances", 5.7%; "Miscellaneous. Goods and Services", 4.3%; and "Food and Beverages", 3.7%. Increases in the remaining groups were of the order of 1.6% in "Medical Care and Medical Services", 3.0% in "Transport & Communications", and 1.5% in "Garments &Footwear". A CPI exclusive of the Rent, Fuel and Energy group has also been calculated. After eliminating the effect of rent, the overall index reached 123.5, showing an increase of 0.7% compared to the CPI of May 2012, and an increase of 4.0 % when compared to the month of June 2011.