Guy Forget, the new director of the French Open, announced Tuesday that the Grand Slam tennis tournament will further strengthen security.
"Security is at the heart of our priorities," said the former netman at a press conference launcing Roland Garros 2016.
"There will be double forces for security around Roland Garros with only three access points," he added.
According to Forget, visitors will be searched at these access points by security forces equipped with metal detectors and presence of dogs.
"Some players have raised concerns about safety," he said. "But they are relatively confident. We reassures them that."
Last year, a teenager had managed to outwit the security and enter the court to get a picture with Swiss superstar Roger Federer after his debut victory on May 24.
Name (required) *
E-mail (required, but will not be published) *
Notify me of follow-up comments
Rudi Garcia faces a daunting first assignment as Marseille coach with the struggling French giants travelling to bitter rivals and reigning champions…
The facade of the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa in the Gulf emirate of Dubai, was lit up in pink Thursday…
Embattled Donald Trump faced contempt from the most unlikely of places Tuesday — the Tokyo catwalk at a fashion show inspired by…
Powered and Developed by FilmMatters
Copyright © 2016 Arabtoday