The Kingdom and Indonesia signed today a labor agreement to recruit housemaids from Indonesia for work in Saudi Arabia.
The agreement is Saudi Arabia's fourth in a series of similar deals signed earlier with the Philippines, India and Sri Lanka.
The four countries cover around 70 percent of the Kingdom’s market for housemaids, while the remaining 30 percent of the labor force is supplied from other Asian and African countries.
The labor agreement aims to regularize the recruitment of quality manpower in an efficient manner. The Ministry of Labor is negotiating labor agreements with a number of labor-supplying countries in a bid to safeguard the rights of all parties.
The agreement was co-signed by Minister of Labor Eng. Adel Fakeeh and visiting Indonesian Minister of Manpower and Transmigration Muhaimin Iskandar.