Statistics indicated that more people were employed last year in Lithuania, the country's news agency ELTA reported on Thursday.
The number of employed men increased by 18,500 and that of women decreased by 1,500 in 2013, according to the report.
Based on the data of Statistics Lithuania, the country had 1.46 million workforces in total last year, with some 1.29 million employed and the rest unemployed, said ELTA.
The employed in 2013 consisted of 636,000 men and 656,000 of women, according to the data.
The highest employment rate was in the group of males from 30 to 34 years old and that of females from 45 to 49 years old, with 84.3 percent and 82.4 percent, respectively.
ELTA reported that 71.4 percent were employed in the private sector, leaving the rest 28.6 percent in the public sector.