The Ministry of Foreign Affairs presented to the meeting of the executive committee of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation held Thursday in Jeddah the following fact sheet on the ongoing Israeli aggression in Palestine Since June 13, 2014:
The latest Israeli military aggression in Occupied Palestine, which began on 13 June, had already claimed the lives of 14 Palestinians, including 3 children, when Israel launched repeated and murderous airstrikes against the Gaza Strip that are still ongoing, decimating entire families, and killing 82 Palestinians, including 14 children. This situation, and the ongoing war crimes and crimes against humanity Israel, the occupying power is committing, require immediate international intervention to protect the Palestinian people from this terrible aggression and such genocidal acts.
During this period, Israel also arbitrarily arrested at least 900 Palestinians, including minors and elected members of the Palestinian Legislative Council.
This aggression is the continuation of the systematic policy of oppression and collective punishment against the Palestinian people, with far-reaching consequences. The international community has a duty to intervene and exert all efforts to put an immediate end to these grave breaches and violations and provide the Palestinian people with protection. They also have a duty to hold Israel, the occupying Power, accountable for its crimes. This Israeli aggression aims at undermining Palestinian national unity and institutions, as well as diverting international attention away from the belligerent Israeli occupation and Israeli government’s unwillingness to engage in meaningful negotiations based on international law.
Israeli aggression since the 13th of June
Killings: 138, including 124, in the ongoing criminal assault against the Gaza Strip
Injuries: over 800
Raids: over 850
Arrests: over 900
Flying Checkpoints: 504
Settlers Attacks: 160
Military Raids, attacks and incursions
Israeli occupation forces have conducted incursions in nearly all Palestinian cities, resulting in confrontations with the Palestinian civilian population. During said incursions, Israeli occupation forces invaded hundreds of Palestinian homes, raided university campuses, attacked media and civil society institutions. As of the 6th of July, Israeli launched a criminal assault against the Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip bombing residential homes and killing entire families, in hundreds of military raids.
Palestinians killed and injured
Between the 13th of June and the 5th of July, 10 Palestinians were killed in the West Bank, including Jerusalem. 9 were killed by Israeli occupation forces, and Mohammad Abu Khudair, was abducted, tortured and killed by terrorist settlers’ groups in Jerusalem. During the same period, Israeli occupation forces killed 4 Palestinians in the Gaza Strip. Israel, the occupying power, launched on the 6th of July a massive and criminal assault against the Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip, killing over 82 Palestinians, including 14 children, and injuring over 500 Palestinians. These war crimes of terrible magnitude are reminiscent of the previous aggressions against the Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip in 2008-2009 and in 2012, and a reminder of the international community’s failure to uphold its obligation to protect the Palestinian civilian population, to ensure respect for international law and hold Israel accountable for its crimes.
- Since the 6th of June, Israel intensified its deadly airstrikes against the Gaza Strip, killing over 75 Palestinians, including 13 children. Entire families were killed in the bombing of their homes.
- On 2 July, Mohammad Abu Khudair, 15 years old, was abducted, tortured, burned and killed by Israeli settlers’ terrorist groups.
- Israeli forces raided the city of Jenin, and its refugee camp, confrontations took place where Israeli occupation forces shot, and killed Yousef Ibraheem Abu Zaga.
- On 29 June, Israeli drones launched missiles, killing Mohammad Abu Rizq in Khan Younes in the Gaza Strip, and injuring 2 others.
- On 27 June, Israeli drones launched missiles towards a vehicle extra-judicially killing, Mohammad Fassih and Osama Al-Husami, near Al-Shat’e refugee camp in Gaza.
- On 26 June, Israeli occupation forces raided Al-Urub camp, clashed with residents in Sa’ir as they stormed and searched several homes and as a result a 65 year old resident, Fatima Rushdi, suffered a heart attack and died following the attack on her home. 9 residents were also injured.
- On 25 June, Mustafa Aslan died of serious injuries sustained during clashes with Israeli occupation forces in Qalandiya camp, north of Jerusalem.
- On 22 June, Israeli occupation forces raided the city of Nablus and the refugee camps of Balata and Al Ain raiding and searching homes. Israeli Forces shot fire and killed Ahmad Khaled.
- On 22 June, Mahmoud Tarifi, 30 years old, was killed in Ramallah.
- On 22 June, Israeli occupation forces raided the city of Ramallah, and El Bireh, and confrontations took place where Israeli occupation forces shot fire killing Muhammad Ismael, and injuring 6 others.
- On 21 June, Israeli occupation forces raided the village of Hares and stormed dozens of homes during which Jameel Ali Suf, 60 years old, died after Israeli forces prevented paramedics from getting him to hospital after he suffered a heart attack during the raid on his house.
- On 20 June, Israeli occupation forces raided the town of Dura, south of Hebron, shot, and killed the child Muhammad Dodeen, 14 years old.
- On 16 June, Israeli occupation forces raided the Jalazoun Camp, near Ramallah, and confrontations took place where Israeli Forces shot fire resulting in the killing of Ahmad Samada’, and injuring 4 others.
- On 14 June, the child Ali Al- Awour, 10 years old, died as a result of his injury sustained during an Israeli air strike (on June 11th, 2014) near Al Sudania, West of Beit Lahia.
Over 160 settler attacks have been recorded since the 13th of June. Settlers’ attacks intensified in recent days culminating with the abduction, torture, burning and killing of the 15 year old boy Mohammad ِAbu Khudair. These settlers’ attacks, while taking place without interruption throughout the West Bank, have targeted Palestinian civilians, particularly in occupied Jerusalem.
Since the start of the latest Israeli aggression:
Over 900 Palestinians have been arrested. These include:
- 60 released prisoners in the exchange deal of 2011. These include 11 pre-Oslo prisoners, thus bringing up the number of pre-Oslo prisoners to 41.
- 12 Members of Parliament, bringing the number of imprisoned parliamentarians to 23. This constitutes a blatant attack against the elected representatives of the people, against Palestinian democracy and the people’s will.
- Around 170 of the Palestinians detained in the last two weeks are now held under administrative detention, the worst form of arbitrary detention, bringing the number of administrative detainees to over 350.
This wide arrest campaign brings to over 6000 the number of Palestinian currently imprisoned by Israel.
Israel, the occupying Power, is fully responsible for the escalation in the region, and its criminal assault and actions against the Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip constitute war crimes and crimes against humanity. We call for immediate international protection for the Palestinian people before more lives are lost.
The occupying Power also continues to recklessly incite further violence against Palestinian civilians, resulting in the grave escalation of acts of terror and racist hate crimes by illegal Israeli settlers and occupation forces, as well as other Israeli extremists against Palestinian civilians, including children. Israel’s consistent policy of constructing settlements inside the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, in grave contravention of international law, is the source of tension and continued violence. The occupying Power continues to encourage the impunity with which these crimes are committed by refusing to hold perpetrators of hate crimes against Palestinians responsible for their crimes.
The international community, especially the United Nations, notably the Security Council, must assume its responsibilities as Israel, the occupying Power, continue its aggression, wrecking death, destruction and terror on the Palestinian people under its occupation. The international community has an obligation to intervene at once to stop the war crimes and crimes against humanity Israel is committing in the Gaza Strip and to hold Israel accountable for these crimes, and to actively work to achieve the long overdue end to Israeli occupation and the realization of the Palestinian people’s inalienable right to self-determination and independence.
List of Palestinian martyrs in the ongoing Israeli aggression against the Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip
Check our updated list of names of everyone killed in Gaza: http://english.pnn.ps/index.php/politics/7778-names-of-people-killed-in-gaza-since-tuesday-updated
Names of imprisoned parliamentarians and re-arrested prisoners
List of imprisoned Members of Parliament
1) Marwan Barghouthi, first Member of Parliament to be abducted in 2002 and the most prominent Palestinian prisoner. Spent 19 years in Israeli jails, including the last 12 years.
2) Ahmed Sa’adat, Secretary General of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. Abducted from Jericho prison in 2006 in violation of an international agreement.
3) Ahmad Atoun, (Jerusalem), held for years in administrative detention and now Israel, the occupying Power, is contemplating presenting an accusation list against him
4) Mahmoud Ramahi, elected Secretary of the Palestinian Legislative Council in 2006, administrative detention
5) Abdel-Jaber Foqaha, (Ramallah), administrative detention
6) Mohammad Jamal, (Al-Khalil), administrative detention
7) Hatem Qufaisha, (Al-Khalil), administrative detention
8) Nizar Ramadan, (Al-Khalil), administrative detention
9) Mohammad Badr, (Al-Khalil), administrative detention
10) Mohammad Abu Teir, (Jerusalem), administrative detention
11) Yasser Mansour, (Nablus), administrative detention
MPs arrested during the ongoing Israeli aggression
12) Aziz Dweik, (Al-Khalil), elected Speaker of the Palestinian Legislative Council in 2006
13) Hassan Youssef, (Ramallah), administrative detention
14) Ahmad Totah, (Jerusalem), administrative detention
15) Abdelrahman Zeidan, (Tulkarem)
16) Ibrahim Abou Salem, (Jerusalem), administrative detention
17) Housni El-Bourini, (Nablus)
18) Azzam Salhab, (Al-Khalil), administrative detention
19) Ayman Daraghmeh, (Ramallah), administrative detention
20) Ahmad Mubarak, (Ramallah), administrative detention
21) Anwar Zboun (Bethlehem)
22) Khaled Tafesh (Bethlehem)
23) Imad Nofal (Qalqilya)
Former Ministers Wasfi Qubaha and Khaled Abu Arafeh were also placed in administrative detention.
List of the prisoners released in the 2011 exchange deal who have been arrested in the last two weeks
Re-arrested pre-Oslo prisoners
1. Nael Barghouthi
2. Nidal Zaloum
3. Abd El-Men’em Othman To’meh
4. Majdi Atieh Suleiman ‘Ajouli
5. Ayed Khalil
6. Samer El-Mahroum
7. Alaa El-Bazyan
8. Adnan Maragha
9. Ibrahim Mesh’aal
10. Nasser Abedrabbo
11. Othman Musleh
12. Safwan Al-‘Ewaiwi
13. Rabee’ Barghouthi
14. Suleiman Abu Eid
15. Ibrahim Shalash
16. Ibrahim Al-Masri
17. Zuheir Sakafi
18. Ahmad Al-‘awawdeh
19. Bassam Na’im Al-Natsheh
20. Mahmoud Al-Swaiti
21. Mu’amar Al-Ja’bari
22. Khaled Makhamra
23. Abbas Shabaneh
24. Rasmi Maharik
25. Nayef Shawamreh
26. Na’eem Masalmeh
27. Mu’az Abu Rmouz
28. Amer Moqbel
29. Ashraf Al-Wawi
30. Muhamad Barakat
31. Moayad Jalad
32. Ya’koub Al-Kilani
33. Aref Fakhouri
34. Waheeb Abu Al-Rob
35. Muhamad Saleh El-Rishek
36. Mu’amar Ghawadra
37. Imad Mussa
38. Abdelrahman Salah
39. Ashraf Abu El-Rob
40. Wael Jalboush
41. Nidal Abdelhaq
42. Taha Al-Shakhsheer
43. Zaher Khatatbeh
44. Hamza Abu Arkoub
45. Mahdi El-Assi
46. Shadi Zayed
47. Ibrahim Salim
48. Jamal Abu Saleh
49. Isama’il Hijazi
50. Rajab Tahan
51. Samer Issawi
52. Khader Radee
53. Imad Fatouni
54. Muhamad Issa Awad
55. Suleiman Abu Seif
56. Amjad Abdelkarim Khaldi
57. Ahmad Hamad
58. Khaled Ghizan
59. Bushra Al-Taweel
60. Nizar Taqatqa
61. Nayef Radwan