Yemeni Vice President and Prime Minister Khaled Bahah stressed on Wednesday that army forces, backed by resistance elements, are close to achieve victory against Houthis in Taiz province.
On his Facebook page, he said supplies and back up are to be sent to Taiz to support the army against Houthis and pro-Saleh forces.
Three days ago, Yemeni President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi contacted the head of army battalion fighting in Taiz to inquire about the development of military operations that includes ground clashes and air strikes by the Saudi Arabia-led coalition war jets.
Hadi-led government was criticized for leaving the province for Houthis and pro-Saleh forces who have been bombing residential areas every day, forcing him to declare the province a "disaster area" in a statement released late on Monday.
Hadi urged the international community and the U.N. Security Council to intervene to stop the bloodshed.
Yemen descended into chaos last September, when the Houthis overran capital Sanaa and other provinces, prompting Saudi Arabia and its Arab allies to launch a massive air campaign against the Shia group.
Last month, Yemeni Prime Minister Khaled Bahah said that pro-Hadi forces – backed by Saudi-led air power – had managed to retake Aden from the Houthis.