Security forces kill 30 militants in southwestern Pakistan
Islamabad - KUNA
At least 30 suspected militants were killed during a security forces operation in southwestern Balochistan province of Pakistan on Thursday, said officials.
Provincial Home Minister of Balochistan, Mir Sarfaraz Bugti said in a press conference that security personnel conducted raids in different areas of Dera Bugti district killing thirty militants. "Security personnel also faced resistance from the miscreants," Bugti added.
He further said that a security personnel was killed and eight others were injured during the exchange of fire with miscreants.
The provincial minister claimed that eight suspected militant camps were successfully abolished during the operation, adding that around 350 kilograms of explosives, 50 anti-personnel mines, arms and ammunition were also recovered from the militants. He said, "Forces also freed two hostages from the custody of the miscreants." The search operation was carried out in response to militant attacks against vital national installations and security forces, said Bugti. The provincial minister vowed not to bow down before the miscreants and continue its operations for improvement of the law and order situation in the province.
Earlier on Tuesday, a joint operation by paramilitary Frontier Corps (FC) and Sindh Rangers killed at least eight militants at border of southwestern Sindh-Balochistan provinces of Pakistan.
Balochistan has been facing militants' insurgency, kidnappings for ransom and violence for over a decade and security forces have carried several operations against the miscreants in past to maintain law and order.