The Antiquities Ministry on Friday denied the collapse of any part of Qaitbay Citadel's wall in Rashid district of Behaira city.
A wall that collapsed earlier in the day has nothing to do with the ancient citadel, director general of the antiquities department in Lower Egypt and Sinai Ashraf Mahmoud told MENA.
In 1985, a citizen had illegally built a house and surrounded it with a wall in the archaeological area around the citadel, Mahmoud said. The house was removed but the wall was not, he noted.
He added that a part of the wall collapsed on Friday, killing a child.
The wall will be completely removed within the the next week, Mahmoud said.
Name (required) *
E-mail (required, but will not be published) *
Notify me of follow-up comments
Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr said his new-look team is relishing the pressure entering their 2016-2017 NBA campaign opener on Tuesday…
The facade of the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa in the Gulf emirate of Dubai, was lit up in pink Thursday…
It took just seven days for "Wizard of Oz" nostalgics to raise more than $300,000 in a crowdfunding drive to restore Dorothy's…
Powered and Developed by FilmMatters
Copyright © 2016 Arabtoday