Pierre Geagea is a deaf-born contemporary expressionist dancer. "Mother Tongue" is his first personal creation : a solo dance performance that fuses the corporeality and unpredictable rhythmicity of contemporary dance with the gracefulness and expressive fluidity of signs language.
The brain-child of Lebanese dancer/choreographer Pierre Geagea, "Mother tongue" interweaves pulsating dance moves with gestural speech, experimental soundscapes, onstage acrobatics, and narrative video projections, to sketch a portrait of a deaf dancer and his entirely unique and inspiring relationship with sound and rhythm, accompanied by the music of Sharif Sehnaoui and Toni Elieh.
The performance has been done at Institut Français and encountered a huge success. Pierre would like to present a re-interpretation of it, at "Théâtre Gemmayze", Sacre Coeur College, Gouraud Street, Beirut.
Funds will be invested toward (in approx percentages):
- The rental of the studio for rehearsals (15%)
- The rental of the theatre space (15%)
- Paying the sound, light, and technical team (25%)
- Paying the production team for marketing development and implementation including graphics, photography, social media, etc (20%)
- All print media for advertisements, tickets, brochures (25%)
To help fund this project, please go to following link: http://fr.zoomaal.com/projects/mothertongue/3638?ref=18889266
If you cannot assist by funding, please share this on social media or via email with your friends.