Have family or guests coming over for the forthcoming festive season?
All you need to do is plan and equip your guest room well so that you don't have to be up and about, on your toes providing things for them. Here's what you need to remember:
- Arrange for a decent and comfortable and clean bed and a couple a spare sheets, pillow covers and extra blankets to ensure they have a good night's sleep.
- To conserve space, you can opt for a sofa cum bed or a bunk bed. Keep an empty shelf or a corner where your guests can store their luggage.
- If you do not have a corner to spare, make arrangements for a table where they can keep their bags. Even if the cupboard in the spare room is full, if you know you're having a guest over, make space.
- Provide them with space and hangers for their clothes. Alternatively, you can put some empty rods in a corner and stock plenty of spare hangers and clothes hooks.
- Some of the things you can equip a guest room include a side table with a jug of water and a glass, a torch and some interesting reading material.
- Keeping a spare iron in the guest room is also a very good idea. This way, your guests can be independent and they won't have to worry you for each and every small thing they need.
- Make sure the bathroom is well equipped with towels, toiletries like soap, toothpaste, spare toothbrushes, toilet paper, a bucket and a mug and even a couple of pairs of bathroom sandals.