In feng shui we know that scents are very powerful, so different scents can be used for different purposes. You can transform the energy in your home in a subtle way to achieve the desired results, as everything is energy.
- Apply a scent of vanilla in the hallway, it is a great method of making guests feel comfortable when they enter your home.
- Use Lavender or vanilla scents in the living room, because they bring family together in a harmony.
- The dining area and kitchen benefit from a citrus scent. Orange or lemon scents are stimulating, yet cleansing and are perfect for these areas as they do not interfere with eating. For the dining area you can also use hints of mint scents to increase appetite and cleanse the palette.
- Bathrooms are naturally water areas and as such they need to be balanced out. Choose fire, or stimulating, scents to counteract the water element, such as clove, cinnamon, amber, sandalwood and cedar.
- I f you feel tired use chamomile or lavender essential oils.
- If you need to stay up late working on a project Choose rosemary, peppermint, eucalyptus or lemongrass essential oils for your home office to keep you awake while you have to work late at night.
- Ylang-ylang, sandalwood, rose and jasmine are the classical essential scents for a sensual bedroom. You can also use vanilla, neroli, lavender or experiment with any other pure scents that awaken your sensuality.