Christmas tree with a simple design
During the Christmas season it's wonderful to pass houses with majestic trees in the living room window all decked out in lights, garlands, and ornaments. Putting decorations on a Christmas tree is
a time-honored tradition for most households. But this task can be a hard for some, so we will give you some proper advice.
- Decide on the overall color scheme that you would like to use on your Christmas tree. It could be all green, red & gold, red & silver, pink & white, aqua & turquoise, or any other color combination that you like. The color scheme you select for your Christmas tree should complement the color scheme of the room.
- Decide the theme: angels, nutcrackers, snowflakes, or any other.
- Shop for Christmas ornaments, garland, feathers, florals, ribbon, beads, and any other designer items that are in your color scheme. Make sure the ornaments and other trimmings you select are over sized and larger than standard ornaments to get a professional designer look.
- Before decorating your Christmas tree with ornaments, you should put your Christmas lights on your tree. Make sure you put the lights on evenly around your Christmas tree, both towards the trunk and the outside of the tree.
- There are many designer ways to add garlands or ribbon to your tree. One option is to add the garlands or ribbon running from the top to the bottom, tucking the garland or ribbon into the tree about every 2 foot. Another option is to run garlands or ribbon in a circle around the outside of the tree like a barber's pole.
- Larger ornaments look best towards the bottom of your tree and your smaller ornaments look best towards the top of your tree.
- A tree topper finishes off the Christmas tree decorations. The best tree topper could be the traditional star.