Tips for a healthy study room
London - Arabstoday
The right place is very important for study as it affects the concentration of students. Many times students complain that they are not able to concentrate on studies.
- Make sure that there is no mirror reflection in their room. This may have effect of doubling their work load. Make sure that the student does not study under a beam otherwise he or she feels unnecessary pressure
- The table should not stick to the wall. There should be open space in front of child as it augments fresh ideas. The child should have a solid wall behind him as it signifies support.
- The study table should be square or rectangular, it should not be too big or too small. A table of small size can be uncomfortable while working and a table of big size can affect working capacity of the child.
- The cabinets should not be placed in the center of room. It is best to leave central portion of study room empty. Avoid placing bookshelf above study table. It may create unnecessary stress for child. Study table should not be cluttered with lots of books.
- The study room should have proper light. Dim lights are not favorable for child’s education and growth.
- The walls of study room should be painted in light colors rather than dark colors.