1. Sleepless nights: With so much homework, who would expect to sleep early (if at all)? Swollen eyes and dark circles become a common facial feature.
2. Missing breakfast: With the rush to leave early, you miss an essential meal of the day.
3. Chattering teeth: For some, it's an expression, for us, it's for real, especially when you wait at the bus stop for the school bus at 6am on a January morning!
4. Back pain: School bags that are twice your weight give you the feeling that your shoulders and back will ache until they break.
5. It's all work and no play: With endless homework, how can we enjoy the outdoors? If sitting in one place and moving your pen won't turn you into a fat, lazy lump, then I don't know what will.
6. You miss the wonderful chance of a jog in the fresh early morning breeze, instead staying trapped in the bus, heading towards school.
7. Zero per cent chance of staying on a diet: You can hear your stomach growling when you return home in the afternoon.
8. Your ears get affected by your noisy class. Believe me!
9. Dental decay: Birthdays, achievements and victories are some of the many reasons for chocolate binge. Result? Cavities.
10. Teacher's scoldings, a fight with a friend, failing a test or losing a game, all lead to one symptom - depression. Now who'd say depression's good for you?