Two more boys has died at initiation schools, bringing the death toll to at least 31, authorities said on Monday.
The latest deaths were reported at an initiation school in Makwaneng, the North West Province, according to North West Premier Thandi Modise.
Police said a 16-year-old boy died after being circumcised on Friday. The next day, a 17-year-old complained of stomach cramps after eating and was later declared dead by emergency services.
The remaining initiates were taken to a hospital, said Police Colonel Emelda Setlhako.
While investigations are continuing, no arrests had been made, said Setlhako.
Earlier in Eastern Cape Province, 29 boys died of complications resulting from circumcision by inexperienced doctors who did not follow stringent health and safety standards.
According to local custom, the initiations are normally viewed as a traditional passage for a young boy to enter manhood. However, the ancient initiations this year have became the fatal platform for those boys.
Hundreds of boys have been attending various initiation schools around the Eastern Cape since Nov. 9.
It is not the first time that initiation has became a killing process.
In May this year, nearly 30 boys died at initiation schools in Limpopo and Mpumalanga Provinces.
The government has made it clear that it is not against the practice of initiation, but the practice should not mean a death sentence to so many young people.
The government has been trying to ensure that doctors follow stringent health and safety standards when circumcising young boys.