Government reaches new deal

Jordanian teachers end strike

GMT 14:21 2012 Tuesday ,21 February

Arab Today, arab today Jordanian teachers end strike

Jordan's teachers carry the protest flame still with teacher strikes
Amman - Osama Arrantissi

Jordan's teachers carry the protest flame still with teacher strikes Jordanian teachers’ representatives announced late Monday an end to their 12-day strike after they reached a compromise with the government to start working in public schools on Tuesday, the Jordanian News Agency Petra reported.
Under the deal, the government will, as of April 1, pay an additional 15 per cent rise in the teachers' basic salary, upping professional allowance this year to 85 per cent, while the remaining 15 per cent will be disbursed next year.
The government, according to Petra and teachers’ leaders, also agreed to unify the allowance at 100 per cent for all ranks and categories of educators, administrative staff and technicians.
On Sunday, the government renewed a proposal to grant teachers 12.5 per cent of the demanded 30 per cent pay raise this year and disburse the remaining percentage to 2013.
Teachers rejected the suggestion, insisting on splitting the 30 per cent between this year and 2013.
Teachers were expected to issue a statement early Tuesday confirming the deal and directing teachers on strike to go back to their schools.


Arab Today, arab today
Arab Today, arab today
arabtoday arabtoday arabtoday
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
arabs, Arab, Arab