The first book of specifications for the establishment of private universities was withdrawn last month, said Monday minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Mohamed Mebarki who denied all allegations on the rejection by the ministry of applications for this purpose.
In an interview given to APS, Mebarki said the ministry "has so far received no request for the creation of a private school," as part of the opening up of the sector to private, noting that "the first book of specifications was withdrawn since a month only."
Efforts are currently spent to complete the framing of such initiatives through the creation of a commission that will be in charge of studying and opening the applications, the minister added.
This issue was one of the concerns raised by employers during the last tripartite meeting, stressed Mebarki who affirmed the ministry "has no objection to the opening of private institutions, provided that their activity will be consistent with the book of specifications issued for this purpose.”
Besides, Mebarki stressed that private institutions which they are higher education institutions, are not approved for this type of training, "which means that their degrees are not" recognized by the State.