Alfonso Ribeiro may have to quit Dancing with the Stars.
The 43-year-old actor injured his back in rehearsals Wednesday as he attempted to overcompensate for a groin injury he suffered earlier in the season. Ribeiro skipped practice Thursday in order to get an MRI, and it is uncertain if he will be able to compete in the semifinals.
"We can confirm Alfonso was injured during rehearsal," the actor's rep said in a statement to TV Guide. "He is currently under medical evaluation. It has not been determined whether or not he will be able to perform on Monday."
Ribeiro and partner Witney Carson have excelled on season 19 of the ABC reality competition. The pair are slated to compete against Tommy Chong and Peta Murgatroyd, Bethany Mota and Derek Hough, Janel Parrish and Val Chmerkovskiy, and Sadie Robertson and Mark Ballas in the semifinals.
Ribeiro is best known for portraying Carlton Banks on NBC sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and hosted GSN Live and Catch 21 on GSN. The actor starred in 1983 Broadway musical The Tap Dance Kid, but said the experience doesn't give him an unfair advantage in competition.
Dancing with the Stars airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.