Former "Top Gear" host Jeremy Clarkson has cancelled a planned appearance as the host of BBC show "Have I Got News For You", its producers said on Thursday.
The presenter had been scheduled to front an April 24 episode, in what would have been his first BBC appearance since he was dropped by the broadcaster for attacking a producer.
"On reflection, Jeremy Clarkson has decided not to host Have I Got News For You," said Jimmy Mulville, managing director of Hat Trick Productions, which makes the show.
"We fully expect him to resume his hosting duties later in the year."
Clarkson was due to record the show on April 23, to be broadcast the next day.
His contract for the lucrative Top Gear was not renewed after an internal BBC investigation found he attacked and verbally abused producer Oisin Tymon, splitting his lip.
An international tour of live auto shows, featuring Clarkson with his former co-presenters Richard Hammond and James May, is to go ahead stripped of any BBC or "Top Gear" branding.